When the Gym is Packed to the Brim:Beating Club Crowds in January and February!
You probably haven’t noticed that the club has been a little busier here recently than in the summer months. (That’s a joke! I’m SURE that you’ve noticed). Typically, January and February are hectic gym months as people try to make good on their resolutions to get fit and live a healthier lifestyle.
For those of you who have a little flexibility in your schedule, it’s actually easier than you may think to find times when the club isn’t as busy. If you’re here and it’s PACKED, rest assured that a few hours earlier or a few hours later, it could be a lot different.
Here are some things to be aware of:
- The busiest time at the club is between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on weeknights, and on Saturday morning from about 9 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Saturday morning is a great example of how the crowds change, as the difference between being here at 10 a.m. when it’s packed versus coming at 1 p.m. – only 3 hours later – is huge. The crowds are much smaller after 12 p.m. on Saturday.
- Regarding weeknights, Mondays are the busiest, with Tuesday being a little less, Wednesday a little less than Tuesday, and so on down the week. Health club management industry publications indicate this phenomenon is not unique to us. For some reason – whether making up for weekend indiscretions or other motives – people just want to work out more on Mondays.
- If you have some freedom in your schedule, the quietest time at the club is between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. any afternoon. But, remember to check our babysitting schedule if you have little ones, as we want to make sure that you’re covered if you’re bringing them. You can find the Nursery Hours here: https://www.beechmontfitness.com/nursery/.
Hopefully this information helps getting through these winter months a little easier. Remember – Spring Break is right around the corner!
February Trainer Highlight:
Meet JEN FENDER, Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Antonelli College: Associates of Applied Business in Interior Design
- Certified Ace Group Fitness Instructor
- Certified AFAA Personal Trainer
- National Certification for Silver Sneakers Program
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certifications
- Personal Training Since 2015
- Group Fitness Instructor since 2011
- Interior Designer 1997 – 2002
Exercise is an important part of my life. It helps me feel confident, strong and improves my quality of life. My goal as a Personal Trainer is to help you reach your desired level of fitness. We will work together to create your fitness plan to keep you on a path of healthy choices. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
TRY JEN’S NEW CLASS: TRX on Mondays at 9:30 am
Are you looking for something new? Try TRX Suspension Training, a full body workout anyone can do from a beginner to advanced. TRX Suspension Training is bodyweight exercise that will develop strength, balance, flexibility, and core stability simultaneously. A TRX session will consist of a full body work out switching between using the TRX trainer to cardio and/or weight training without the TRX. If you are interested in trying suspension training call Jen. Space is limited and filling up fast!
-JEN FENDER Phone: 513-520-2480