Best Fitness Apps of 2018
There are so many apps that we use on a daily basis to connect with our friends and family. These apps can bring us closer together and feel like we’re in a community with one another.
Another great way we can connect with each other is using fitness apps. Having fitness apps can help you track progress and achieve goals faster, all while having the same sense of community. They can be little built-in accountability partners, helping you be healthier and active during your week. There are so many apps out there to choose from, and we’ve narrowed down 5 that could be very beneficial for you:
- MyFitnessPal: One of the best ways to lose weight and keep it off is to keep track of the food you eat. This app has consistently ranked as one of the best in the fitness industry. MyFitnessPal has a database of more than 5 million foods, a barcode scanner, and a recipe importer. It’s so easy to track your calories in just a few steps.
- Couch to 5K: If you’re a beginner looking to train for a 5K, this is a great app that gets you going. The program lasts for nine weeks and all you need is 30 minutes a day three times a week. It also connects you to a running community to help support your goals.
- Charity Miles: This is a great way to get exercise while earning money for a charity! You can earn 25 cents every mile you walk or run, and 10 cents every mile you bike. Choose from over thirty world-class charities to donate to.
- Fooducate: Being healthier starts with the groceries we buy. Fooducate lets you scan the barcodes on food and gives it a grade based on how good, or not so good, it is for you. You can track what you eat and your activities to see your progress and achieve your goals.
- Pocket Yoga: You can practice yoga anytime or anywhere with this app that contains more than 200 illustrative and descriptive poses. It has a variety of skill levels for all ages and allows you to track your progress. And the best part is, Pocket Yoga does not require internet for you to use it, making it a very versatile app.
Pick apps that will help you reach milestones the quickest; whether that is losing weight, running a marathon, practicing yoga, or becoming a better cyclist. Invite friends to download the same app and get moving together! Remember, small changes in your habits can lead to big changes over time.
Want more app options? Check out active.com to see their full list of fitness apps.